Saturday, January 28, 2012

Clara is 8!!

This year we decided to do a Tea Party for girls! Clara invited 7 girl friends (luckily we had 8 sits at the table!) Everything was really well planned and all was prepared in a month. I am in love with Pinterest and pretty much I did came from there. The enchantment and personalization started from the invitation which says: 
"Miss (girl's name)
The pleasure of your company is requested to celebrate 
Miss Maria Clara Barbosa's Eight Birthday. 
Saturday the Twenty Eighth of January
at two thirty in the afternoon
at the Barbosa's Place.
Fine herbal teas will be brewed and delicate sandwiches shall be enjoyed.
p.s. come in your royal dress!

 Esse ano decidimos comemorar o aniversario da Clarinha com um Tea Party, em estilo ingles. Clara escolheu 7 amiguinhas (por sorte temos uma mesa com 8 lugares!). Planejamos tudo cuidadosamente e em um mes. Agora que conheço pinterest, estou apaixonada e nao faço mais nada sem inspirarme la'. O encanto da festa começou com o convite, que eram personalizados e diziam:
Sra. (nome da menina)
O prazer de vossa companhia esta sendo requisitada
para celebrarmos o aniversario de oito anos da 
Sra. Maria Clara Barbosa
Sabado Vinte e Oito de Janeiro
As Duas e meia da tarde
Na casa dos Barbosas.
 Chas refinados serao servidos e delicados sanduiches serao apreciados.
p.s. Venha em seu vestido de gala!

 Only 2 parents stayed at the party and they helped a lot. The girls had an awesome royal behave at the table!! And they all looked just like princesses!!
 Apenas duas maes ficaram na festa e foram uma mao na roda na ajuda. As meninas se comportaram como princesas na mesa!!

As activities they had jewels making, buterfly decoration and each one got a tea cup and a saucer to decorate themselves and take home. They loved it!
As meninas decoraram borboletas, fizeram bijouterias e pintaram suas proprias chicaras e pratos para levarem para casa. Elas adoraram!
 Clara helped with the balloons at the entrance, where I hung a big picture frame of her, white and pink balloons and ribbons. It added some special touch to her party.
Clara ajudou a colocar os baloes na entrada da casa, onde tambem coloquei cachos de baloes com fitas rosas e uma foto grande dela pendurada nos ganchos.
 Clara didn't want to dress like a Loyal girl, which I ok with ( I also don't like this kind of dress, since she'd use only for a day, I didn't want either to buy one...), but she picked a nice one for the day.
Clarinha nao quis usar um vestido de princesa, o queal nao me importo, pois tambem nao gosto desse estilo e como ela usaria apenas naquele dia, nao quis comprar um novo, mas ela escolheu um muito lindo para o evento!
The dessert table came out beautiful! All was tagged and lolly pops became Fairy Lolly pops, chocolate and coconut caramel were Fairy kiss and so on. The marshmallows were covered in white chocolate and put into a white pot with rice to hold them still, the lolly pops got a cute ribbon, pencils got a flower on the top with her picture on and a leaf, to hold them in the vase I put cheerios on the botom and green mints on the top. All was beautiful and so yummy!

A mesa de sobremesas ficou linda e deliciosa!! Coloquei plaquinhas com nomes das comidas e tudo encantado hehe, por exemplo "pirulitos encantados", "beijos da princesa" para os beijinhos... (clique na foto para ver os detalhes). Os marshmallows ganharam um banho de chocolate branco e os coloquei em potes de louça branco com arroz para segura'-los. Comprei lapis encapados com camurça e coloquei a foto dela numa flor e colei uma folhinha para completar o desing. Varinhas de condao foram uns pauzinhos de balinhas vermelhos... Tudo ficou lindo e saboroso!
 The table was set with a traditional china tea set, that I borrowed from our sweet neighbor Dorothy (that is 88 and English). The fabric napkins I got from garage sales. In the middle I added 2 beautiful glass vases with light small pink roses and a cake stand with sandwiches and cheese breads. Each girl had their name signed and a paper bag decorated with vintage scrapbook paper with their names on as well. The bags had a little sparkle bag, play doughs, bracelets and stickers as goodies and I hung a pearl necklace and a clip flower for their hair, so when they sat at the table they put the necklaces and the flowers on. They were so cute!!! I used the bag thinking that they could also put all their prizes and candies gotten during the party. It was the best thing i did so the girls could be organized and not let anything behind. 

Arrumei a mesa com um jogo de cha tradicional da china, que peguei emprestado de nossa visinha linda Dorothy (que tem 88 anos e e' inglesa). Comprei os guardanapos de pano em garage sales. No meio da mesa coloquei dois vasos de vidro com flores pequena e muito delicadas brancas e rosinha claras e entre os vasos um stand de bolo com os sanduiches naturais e paes de queijo. Cada menina tinha seu nome identificado em seu lugar e uma sacolinha de papel que decorei com papel de scrapbook  com o motivo da festa, envelhecido. Dentro coloquei uma bolsinha, massinha, pulseiras e adesivos como lembranças edo lado de fora pendurei um colar de perolas e uma flor para colocarem no cabelo. Quando elas sentaram a mesa elas colocaram as flores e os colares e ficaram um charme!! Eu pensei na sacolinha de papel, pois era uma forma das meninas armazenarem tudo que ganharam durante a festa e tambem os docinhos que quisessem levar pra casa. Foi a melhor coisa que fiz, pois todas se organizaram e nao deixaram nada pra tras!
 When her guests arrived she gave a balloon on a stick as a welcome and if you know Clara well she had that wonderful smile on her face! Then she took them to the craft table.
Quando as visitas chegavam Clarinha dava um balao pra cada uma como boas vindas e e' claro, ela tambem dava aquele sorriso lindo dela. Depois as levava para a mesa de atividades.
 The girls at the craft table.
 Another shot of the dessert table.

 Our good friend Carla made Clara's cake again this year and it was the best cake ever!!! I chose a very simple way this year, but I wanted a big one! It was white and light pink, just like everything else in the party. Ah! I forgot to say that I tied a big piece of fabric in each chair that came out really nice! The fabric I got 10mts for $25 at spotlight, such a great deal!
Nossa amiga Carla fez o bolo da Clara esse ano de novo. Estava simplesmente maravilhoso!!! Esse ano escolhi um modelo bem simples, rosinha e brando, mas eu quis um bem grande!! Ah! Esqueci de dizer que achei uma super pechincha na spotlight e comprei 10 metros de organza por $25.
 This is Dorothy, our sweet neighbor. She came for a happy birthday song and a piece of cake, of course.
Essa e' a nossa vizinha Dorothy. Ela veio para os parabens e comer um pedacinho de bolo, e' claro!
 Clara loved opening the gifts and the girls enjoyed pass the parcel game, where everyone got a little prize from there.
Clarinha adorou a hora de abrir os presentes e todas as outras tambem curtiram a brincadeira de "passe o pacote", que quando a musica parava quem estivesse com o pacote abria e ganhava a lembracinha de dentro. Todas ganharam a vez (bem justo hein!)
 Clara set a tea party down stairs, in the playroom so when the girls came they could play themselves and "practice" before the real one. They spent hours there!
Clara arrumou o quarto de brinquedos com o jogo de cha dela de brinquedos, assim quando as meninas chegaram ela puderam brincar e praticar antes do cha de verdade (o cha' na verdade era suco!).
 They also got messed jumping on the trampoline and climbing on the wall on our playroom.
Elas se bagunçaram todas pulando no trampolim e subindo nas paredes em nosso quarto de brinquedos.

Oh! The boys and our little Laura were entertained for long hours between plays in the doll house and playground and trampoline and bikes... All worked just perfect!!! Clara loved her party, so do I!
Ah! Os meninos e nossa pequena Laura foram entretidos com brincadeiras na casinha de boneca, no trampolim, parquinho e bicicletas. Tudo foi perfeito!!! A Clarinha adorou sua festa, e eu tambem!!

2 comments:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Clara is adorable! I love the tea party theme. I loved that she set up a "practice" tea party. I can't believe she is 8!!! Happy Birthday Clara.

Karly said...

You are the best party hostess EVER! I wish I were there! What a great day for Clara!!! Happy Belated birthday!