Thursday, September 3, 2009

Gabriel's tip finger

One month ago I ran to an ER at UCLA hospital with Gabriel. He got his tip finger cut off. It was very scary at that moment... It was around 6:30pm, after dinner and Augusto wasn't at home yet and 911 didn't work... So weird!! Finally I got Trish to watch Clara and Victor and Cameron took me and Gabe to the hospital. We spent the whole night at the ER and his surgery only happened at the next day at 1pm. We were exhausted and still the worry about the finger if it would survive or not. Well we came back home that afternoon and he was still too tired and sleepy because of the anesthesia, so he took a good nap then went back to sleep until next day. I didn't wait too long but the next morning I was at Toys R Us buying walker, toys that he could stay out of the floor.
Two weeks later his finger wasn't heeling as it suppose to, so the doctor wanted to take him back to an operation room and try a different kind of stitching. I broke down when she said that because it's being 2 weeks working hard for him not to have to go back, worried about another general anesthesia, IV and all that stress... So I asked her to wait 2 more days and she would check him at the office... So we did and his finger was heeling and no longer another surgery was needed!! She couldn't believe!
I was SO happy and thankful for all the prayers and support that we had during that time. I felt loved and once again all of our friends were very important and present! Thank you all!


Here is his finger 5 weeks later. IT IS BEAUTIFUL NOW!!
Assim esta o dedinho dele depois de 5 semanas. ESTA LINDO AGORA!!!


Um mês atrás eu corri para a sala de emergência do hospital da UCLA, com Gabriel. Ele teve a ponta do dedo cortada. Foi muito assustador naquele momento ... Foi por volta de 6:30 pm, depois do jantar e Augusto não estava em casa e ainda 911 não funcionou ... Tão estranho! Finalmente encontrei Trish eela cuidou da Clara e Victor enquanto Cameron nos levou para o hospital. Passamos a noite inteira no pronto-socorro e sua cirurgia só aconteceu no dia seguinte. Estávamos exaustos e ainda a preocupação com o dedo se sobreviveria ou não. Bem, nós voltamos para casa naquela tarde e ele ainda estava muito cansado e com sono por causa da anestesia, então ele tirou uma boa soneca e depois voltou a dormir até o dia seguinte. Eu não esperei muito tempo, mas na manhã seguinte eu estava na Toys R Us comprando andador, brinquedos que ele poderia ficar fora do chão.
Duas semanas depois, o dedo não estava cicatrizando como deveria, portanto, o médico queria levá-lo de volta à sala de operação e tentar um outro tipo de ponto. Caí em prantos quando ela disse isso, estava preocupada com outra anestesia geral, soro na veia e todo aquele stress ... Então eu a pedi para esperar mais 2 dias e ela iria verificaria no consultorio ... Então nós fizemos e seu dedo e finalmente começava a cicatrizar e uma outra cirurgia nao foi necessária! Ela não podia acreditar! Eu estava tão feliz e grata por todas as orações e apoio que tivemos durante esse tempo. Sentimos amados e mais uma vez todos os nossos amigos foram muito importantes e presentes! Obrigada a todos!

3 comments:

Jen said...

bless you that you have survived the whole ordeal. Hopefully it will continue to heal nicely.

Heidi said...

It looks really good! I'm so sorry you had to go through that and that I didn't answer my phone to help! Loved your testimony today. Looks like someone was looking out for you! xoxo

Kathy said...

Patty,
How scary! I see you have a lot of faith! I am glad he is ok. I;m so glad you had people who could help you.