Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Finally a Church Calling!

Finally a Calling!
I am very excited about my new calling at church! I am a little nervous because I'll be teaching in Relief Society and teach the gospel to people that knows more than me is really nervous....
Even though it looks scary I am confident that I'll be fine and the most important I'll learn more every day.
There are only 2 teachers and my bishop put me to teach 2 lessons a month so I'll be pretty busy and well trained soon!! ;)

I read that on the book "Teaching, No Greater Call" and it gave me a good strength:

Speaking in general conference, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said: “We are so grateful to all who teach. We love you and appreciate you more than we can say. We have great confidence in you.” He continued: “To teach effectively and to feel you are succeeding is demanding work indeed. But it is worth it. We can receive ‘no greater call.’ … For each of us to ‘come unto Christ,’ to keep His commandments and follow His example back to the Father, is surely the highest and holiest purpose of human existence. To help others do that as well—to teach, persuade, and prayerfully lead them to walk that path of redemption also—surely that must be the second most significant task in our lives. Perhaps that is why President David O. McKay once said, ‘No greater responsibility can rest upon any man [or woman], than to be a teacher of God’s children’ ” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1998, 30–31; or Ensign, May 1998, 25).


2 comments:

Kathy said...

Patty you will do a great job as a teacher in Relief Society! I wish I was there to listen to your lessons!

Karly said...

How are your lessons going? Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing! I wish we could tour Auckland with you and your fabulous family. Lots of love, Karly