New Zealand is a very little country close to Australia. I wish I new how to bring the link for making your searching about this country easier... but I can't!
New Zealand, more specifically Auckland is the new place for the Barbosa family to live new adventures!!
Yeah!! Augusto got a job in NEW ZEALAND!!! We are soooooo happy and excited!
It'll really be a new life!!
Well let me tell you the story. Augusto has searched for jobs for about one year. It began exactly on the boom of the American crisis. Since then the feelings of fear, insecurity... Horrible times... But we survived!!!
US and Brazil were not giving a lot hope so Augusto decided to know different places. Australia and New Zealand came up as best places for living. New Zealand is top 10 in good quality of life. As Augusto really cares about giving a good quality of life to his family added with a good place for fun adventures he really invested in finding a job there. So about 3 or 4 months ago 2 positions at the University of Auckland and Otago opened in his area. He worked hard on his applications and he got the interviews in both Universities. Do you remember the second reason that we had to cancel our trip to Mexico? That was the reason, he had to leave to New Zealand at the same day that we suppose to leave to Mexico... Worthy!
So he spent one week being interviewed in both universities. Came back to LA with the anxiety of hearing back from them.
Otago was the first on feed-backing and he wasn't selected. The position in Auckland was the less expected to get... So one day before we left to Mexico he got an email from Auckland giving the good, I mean the best news!! So you can imagine how our trip became even better hun!
Thank you all for your support!! You were part of this process and we really appreciate you! We are so lucky to have such good people around!! Thanks Thanks

5 comments:
Congrats on the job!!! New Zealand is beautiful (at least that's what my Aunt Gretchen says who grew up there). I'll look forward to hearing about all your adventures there. Bradley has Ms. Peral for kindergarten at Clover elementary too. : )
Julie
Congratulations!! You guys must be SO HAPPY! What a relief to find a job, and to have it be in such a wonderful place is icing on the cake. I'm looking forward to all the pictures and stories of New Zealand already!
Congratulations. I've heard that New Zealand is the most beautiful place. My uncle and aunt are church missionaries there right now and they love it. Also, my cousin and her family live there and they love it too. That is such good news.
Oh you will love it there! I am so happy you found a good job. I am sure you are so relieved. Congratulations Augusto! All those prayers were answered. :)
WHen do you move?
That is so wonderful to hear Patty! I am so glad to hear that everything worked out...seems like someone is watching out for you. My parents love it there and I am sure that you will feel right at home. And Dave, I am sure, will want to come and visit. When do yo leave? How much more time do we get with our favorite Brazilians?
Post a Comment